Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Clip Converter

In my last post I told you about Mr. Parr's great YouTube channel where he posts science songs that he writes for his students.  I thought that for those of you who have to deal with YouTube being blocked by your web filter at school I should fill you in on how to actually use those songs - and other great YouTube videos - in your classroom.

I attended a class in June where I learned about the Clip Converter website, and I must say, it's amazing! It allows you to convert YouTube videos to just about any other format. I convert the videos to Windows Media Player, save them to my flash drive, and then save them from the drive onto my computer in my classroom.  It's totally FREE, which makes it right in my price range. ;)  The file conversion is pretty quick, but then to actually download the file to my computer usually takes about 5-6 minutes.  (Of course, I have a pretty old computer so if you have something newer you may find it takes a lot less time.)

I've used Clip Converter for several files and have not had a single issue with it, so I would definitely recommend that you try it!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment