Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Seating Charts With Post-its

It's back to school time, which means we're all working feverishly to get our classrooms ready before the students arrive!  For me, that includes making seating charts.  I don't ever let my students choose where they sit, even on Day 1.  I create seating charts before the first day of school, then I create name tags for each desk that list the seat's occupants for each period of the day.  (I don't get too fancy with these - just a simple notecard.  The name tags will be taken off the desks by the end of week one.  I just want the students to be able to seat themselves on the first day, which saves class time!)

When I create seating charts, I like to use small page marker Post-it Notes.  They're available in a variety of colors, which helps since I color-code my classroom by period.  But more importantly, using Post-Its means I can easily rearrange the seating chart throughout the year!  No erasure marks or scribbling out names, and no reprinting the chart every time we change seats. 



Once I have the students' names written on the Post-its (which I didn't do in the picture above), and stick the Post-Its on the seating charts, I put the seating charts in clear sheet protectors to keep them in good condition all year long.

That's it!  So simple! :)

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment